Anniversary Gifts That Are Really Meaningful(2019)

For our 30th wedding anniversary we are actually planning a party at home with our children and grandchildren and some close friends and family. We will no doubt receive some nice anniversary gifts from them, but I would really like to come up with a spectacular gift for my wife that will be both romantic and meaningful.

Before we started having children we used to go away for a weekend to a nice hotel (same hotel every year) to celebrate our anniversary. It took about five years before my wife finally confessed that she did not really like the hotel or the location at that time of year and felt it was a waste of money.

After the kids came along celebrations of anniversaries became sketchy. If we planned a dinner out in a nice restaurant invariably one of kids got sick or the babysitter cancel. I fell into the habit of buying anniversary gifts of wedding jewelry (that my wife rarely wore) or evening purse (that she usually exchanged after a polite interval).

Finally we came to an unspoken agreement that she would shop for and choose anniversary gifts herself and, being a practical and frugal sort, she usually ended up buying something useful for the house. One year it was a vacuum cleaner! Not very romantic, I must admit.10 Unique Ideas for 10 Year Anniversary Gift for Her and Him

This year I want to come up with an idea for an gift to outshine all anniversary gifts ever for our 30th. I want it to be personal, romantic, and unique, and I want it to somehow show her how much I love her and appreciate what a great partner she has been to me over the 30 years we have been married.

After shopping all the usual stores I could not find anything special enough, much less unique. Finally, I searched the Internet. I checked all the usual gift sites suggesting anniversary gifts without being inspired and then suddenly hit upon the perfect suggestion in an online art gallery photo to painting website: an original oil painting to be created from a photograph that I would supply.

I had several other mediums to choose from (watercolor, acrylics, pastels, charcoal, etc.) and many sizes and frame possibilities. I choose a 20"x 40" oil painting, 2 figures, gallery wrap (because I know my wife will want to frame it herself). I sent our favorite photograph of the two of us taken last summer at the cottage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What kind of food to eat helps the skin detoxification?

How to Complement Wedding Themes(2019)

What are the causes of hair loss in men?